A UK woman was left in “physical and emotional pain” after hair extensions that damaged her blistering scalp caused her to go bald, she wrote on Facebook.
Shauna Higgins, 24, said she paid the owner of a London-based hair shop “Oh So Gorgeous” almost $1,700 for extensions to help treat her hair loss condition.
The young woman researched the shop owner, who goes by Mandy Collins, and found she was an award-winning hair stylist listed as an “extension specialist.
When Higgins went to the shop to get her new look, the owner assured her the pricy extensions would do the job to help with her hair loss.
“She was confident she could fit the hair extensions and took $1,691.45 upfront in cash. As soon as the hair extensions were in, problems started,” Higgins claimed.
After Higgins pleaded to the owner the extensions were raising issues, she said Collins made her pay up an extra $65 to fix the issue using a different method, according to the Sun.
But a week after the owner’s new method to fix Higgins’ hair was complete, the “nightmare” began.
“One by one the extensions began falling out, taking chunks of my hair with it,” Higgins claimed.
“Then my scalp started to bleed and blister. I had huge red patches where the mesh had been pulling on my skin. Every day more bald patches were appearing,” she continued.
Four weeks went by, and Higgins realized everything was taking a turn for the worst when her scalp was a “battlefield, covered in blisters, scabs, and blood.”
Higgins would end up seeing a dermatologist, though only for them to explain that Collins’ misplaced extensions had irreversibly damaged her scalp.
But, the hair disaster doesn’t end there — as Higgins said she was denied a refund from the hair owner and instead offered a “new hair system.”
“When I demanded a refund, guess what they offered? A new hair system! Seriously, how can I use that when I have no hair left? They ignored my pleas and disregarded the trauma they put me through,” a devastated Higgins said.
Higgins shaved her head completely bald, warning others to stay away from the salon.
“Before you even think about stepping foot in this salon, read the other recent Google reviews. Don’t let Mandy ruin your hair and leave you without any compensation. Stay far, far away from this disaster zone!” she pleaded.
Other women have revealed their salon nightmares before.
Ellie Swain’s routing trip to her beauty salon turned left when undergoing a scalp-bleaching treatment caused chemical burns and bloody patches to the back of her head.
Doctors informed her that she had no choice but to undergo surgery to heal the puss-oozing chemical burns she suffered.
Swain’s hair has since slowly grown back, but she’s forced to cover up the weak and thin strands.