This beachgoer got skin so sun-kissed it nearly melted his face off.
A UK man has gone viral after revealing that he ended up in the hospital during his vacation with third-degree burns from the sun on his lips and ears.
Joshua Reade, 31, told NeedToKnow.co.uk that he spent the day at nearby Bournemouth beach with some friends when he first noticed that something was wrong.
“I was just enjoying the day in the sun, but I soon felt my ear tingling,” said the makeup artist. “Then we got back to the car, and I just didn’t think anything of it.”
Within mere days of the outing, Reade began noticing several burns on both his lips and ears.
“I was so unwell for three days and I didn’t really know what it was to begin with,” recalled Reade. “But then, blisters started to form on my lips and ears, and I instantly realized it was from the [visit to the] beach.”
“I ended up in the hospital, where I was told I had third-degree burns and sun poisoning,” he continued.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention states that those suffering from sun poisoning usually develop symptoms 4 hours after sun exposure with it likely to worsen within 24 to 36 hours.
Several at-home remedies that help soothe irritated skin include drinking plenty of water, applying cool wet cloths as well as applying topical moisturizing cream, aloe, or 1% hydrocortisone cream.
The center warns that those who end up blistering should not pop the blister but apply a bandage and use antiseptic ointment or hydrocortisone cream when skin begins to peel.
WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT AHEAD
According to Reade, the burns and blisters last for nearly two weeks and even when they did heal, the process was described as “painful and uncomfortable.”
“It’s so important to make sure you look after yourself and take care of your skin,” Reade stressed to the outlet.
In an effort to spread awareness about his affliction, Reade took to TikTok to update viewers about his progress.
The Tiktok, which has 12,300 views, shows how the beautician’s lips go from a bright red and seemingly chapped to puss-filled blisters.
“Moral of the story is always wear your SPF 50 girlies because you don’t wanna end up like me,” Reade said closing out the TikTok.
The Post reached out to Reade for an update on his condition.
Several users expressed their sympathy for the sunbather.
“My brother used to get this on his ears,” said one viewer.
“Omg this happened to me on holiday! It was horrific! Hope you’re okay,” sympathized another.
“I learnt this the hard way going out on the JetSki all the time, thought it was cold sore, no just sunburn,” painfully recalled a third person.